The Gudrun Sjödén brand was established in 1976, built on the idea of creating clothes with excellent design, crafted from natural materials in beautiful colours and made for mixing and matching this season (with other pieces in this season’s range) and many years to come. This central idea continues to drive the company today and will also continue to exist through the Gudrun Sjödén Foundation for years to come. We believe that funding from the Foundation will provide ongoing support for Gudrun’s personal approach to natural fabrics, colours, design and sustainability.
In the 2000s, we are shifting our focus to the digital world via a webshop that manages our contact with all existing customers and potential new ones across the globe. Customers that like our values, our culture and want to be part of the Gudrun Universe. At Gudrun Sjödén, we hope that the many opportunities afforded by the Foundation will facilitate and inspire many women in their choice of projects and activities.
The brand and our core values
These are presented in our brand manual:
- Everything we do at every stage of our activities shall be founded on a commitment to sustainability.
- We have always stood out from our competitors in the way that we create products and engage with customers, and will continue to do so.
- Everything we do shall be characterised by excellent design and our stores shall be steeped in our design style.
- We work hard and purposefully and, in order to be able to do so, we attach great importance to the workplace climate, employee happiness and well-being. The best ideas are conceived in harmonious settings.
- We live in an ever-changing world in which we must continuously set ourselves challenges, explore new opportunities and stay curious and interested.
- We work on the basis of a sound notion of simplicity with regard to both design and function.